Prop El-Buba laments loss, to lead protest

0
110

The General Overseer of El-Buba Outreach Ministries International (EBOMI, Prophet Isa El-Buba has lamented the loss of over 100 people in the recent mayhem in Plateau State while also mobilising his church members for a protest to register their displeasure at the gruesome killings.

El-Buba in a broadcast on Wednesday via his Facebook Page told his members they should get ready for a mass protest on Thursday, May 25.

According to the cleric whose ministry is based in Jos, Plateau, over 100 people were killed in the recent attack in the state by unknown gunmen.

Reports indicated that the killings started in Mangu villages.  The villages affected include Fungzai, Hale, Kubwat, and Bwoi. Communities of the Kombun District of Mangu Local Government Area and some communities in the Riyom Local Government Area were also affected.

Hundreds of houses were burnt while thousands of people were displaced as a result of the invasion of about 22 villages.

El-Buba said some people had earlier made threats adding that the killings is a confirmation of their threats. He said he is going to lead a protest march to send a signal to the authority that the killings can no longer be tolerated.

“We are going to have a protest march We are going to mobilise more. Thursday morning by 9 am we are going to appear in black and protest demanding the arrest of certain people”

He said “Shetgingri made a threat and that threat is coming through. We lost over 100 human beings. It was the same local government I passed through when we went for the burial of  Sheik Galadima. It was the same local government I passed there was nothing.

“Suddenly a few days later these evil, wicked mindless heartless creatures unleashed mayhem. If you keep quiet when your neighbour’s house is burning your own house will catch fire.  If you are truly my disciples you will get other people and we will get on the street. to tell the world that enough of these killings. You can’t overrun us in the plateau.

“You can’t overrun us in the middle belt, the church of God is marching on. Along the line, I am going to say some things. But don’t worry, if they are going to take me on, I am ready for them. I am waiting for Thursday morning

Meanwhile, the Christian Association of Nigeria in a statement signed by its President Archbishop Daniel Okoh has condemned the killings.

The statement reads, “It is disheartening to see innocent citizens being killed and their properties destroyed in such a gruesome manner.  While we appreciate the efforts of the security forces to maintain peace, we call on the government and law enforcement agencies to bring the perpetrators of these heinous acts to justice and to ensure the protection of the lives and properties of all citizens.”

The Christian body urged all parties involved to embrace peace and dialogue as a means of resolving their differences. “Violence only begets more violence and we must break this cycle if we are to build a peaceful and prosperous society. It is important to emphasize that the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) unequivocally opposes any form of violence or reprisal as we strive to advance the well-being of all individuals, regardless of their religious or ethnic background.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here